Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Trying to Catch some of life and write it down

 


Thought it was time to update the blog. The kids are asleep, and for once I actually have a small bit of energy left. I sucked the pictures out of my camera - I love this picture of Zach - I took it at my parents house... he looks so happy! He just loves it there. I took Zach to his Kindergartern assessment today... it was weird. They come and meet you and your child - and then take them into the room and leave you outside... to reflect on how time simultaneously went rocket fast despite times you felt like the moments of motherhood for small children can move extruciatingly slow. The teacher gave Zach a sticker, and he nicely asked for one for his little sister. I think he got special thoughtful points for that. He likedher and that made me happy! I hope he gets a good teacher!

 

These little birds took up residence inthe vent of our fireplace - there are three chicks in the nest and even thought they are bald they are quite cute!

 

Sela "pimmin" (swimmin) in the Sand and Water table... I have completely given up trying to keep her out of it. I thought it was cute that she added flowers to her pool.
 
Posted by Picasa

This one I caught when they were running around. I would have included one of Zach in his swimming trunks - but he grew so much from last summer that he barely got them on. I promptly went out and bought him a new suit in time for his swimming lessons.

Other news? I'm missing my old pals lately.... I was really glad to see Bob last weekend. (Big Bob as my kids call him). I also got a chance to meet up with Cheryl and Seany last week, and even grabbed a couple minutes with Brian on the phone... I'm really missing Susan and wish they lived closer - move back already! You know you miss your California friends! I was so glad to talk with Jennifer. You and Ned need to come to California.

So - while I might be lousy about picking up the phone or dropping cards and notes, please know I love you all - A LOT!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ummm, could your kids be any cuter?!?!?!? "Pimmin'" - that could be turned into a shirt logo! Awwww. :)

Carol said...

I love that photo of Zach, he is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

I miss you too Wonder Woman. Sorry to be so out of the loop. The baby and I have been sick for more than 4 weeks - and I was just told yesterday that I have pneumonia. I think having Ken gone (dad's funeral) for week with me alone with a very sick baby just did me in. The good news is that my doctor prescribed steroids and I feel as though I'm 30 again! (Lungs still hurt horribly but man-oh-man everything else feels great.) Sorry I haven't called back - I am not in a talking mood. Hopefully we'll all be better next week. Kisses to you, the kids and Mark. susan

Jackie said...

I enjoyed your pictures of your kids...Zach is growing up into such a cute boy :)