Sunday, July 13, 2008

Smoke, Swimming and Sheba




So very happy that the smoke is clearing out here. It was really quite miserable for several days. I was so worried about how Zach would do - as he gets such an awful cough if his lungs get irritated. Happily he got through it fine - Sela is still sniffling and not quite herself - but on the mend. The fire down near Big Sur is especially heartbreaking to me, as I think Big Sur is kinda like heaven on earth. I was daily clicking on the Nepethe site to make sure it hadn't been engulfed by flames. Luckily they are getting a handle on the fires. I can only imagine how tired those fire fighters are. Thank you to all of them for their hard work.




On a different note - Zach and Sela finished another session of swimming. I fully expected them to be in the same level for the next session because due to the smoke - we missed 3 of the classes out of 9. Zach got sent up to the Otters!! This is the highest level for little ones and I am SOOOO proud of him. He is LOVING the pool. Sela is going to be a Duck again... mostly because she just didn't want to follow instruction. She is too busy just laughing and splashing at this point. I'm just thrilled she loves the water.... there is always next summer to learn the strokes properly.


We picked up my parent's dog Sheba to babysit today. Hopefully the kids will settle down... they are sooo excited to have a dog in the house.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Good to hear the smoke is clearing your way.
Congratulations to Zach on his great swimming!