Thursday, November 6, 2008

Zach and Ci

I forced myself to slow down and notice the nuances of my kids behavior. I have been running crazy - distracted, and not paying attention, and realized that many days had gone by without my really noticing just how amazing my kids are. How awful is that? So I just stopped. I stopped nagging about the dirty socks on the floor. I stopped worrying about being late for school, or for the lost blue folder (WHERE is that folder?!), and I just enjoyed. Truth is... my family is pretty amazing.

Sela is wondering around the house saying Pppp Pppp P is for princess. P is for Pony. P is for pretty, P is for pp purple. Yep... my 3 year old is figuring out sounds... I love it! I looked at her beautiful face and realized that I need to slow down and savor the moments... because before I know it she won't ask to just sit with me.

Zach is recognizing words and starting to help read his good night books. He is so sweet. He promised to save up all his kisses for me while I was sick. I didn't want him to get sick - so he said he would save them for when I am all better.
He seems so big to me lately. It isn't easy to pick him up and carry him around anymore... and that makes me teary just thinking about it.

Mark is still driving to Oakland a few days a week. We all miss him when he isn't here. Sela said this morning.. "Where's dada? I want to share my gummy vite with him!" (gummy vitamin) Zach sometime asks me questions only Mark would know - Mom - how far away is the closest star? What is the temperature on Jupiter? etc.
Mark is teaching Zach to play Chess... I love how they are both such smarties together.

We are so so blessed.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh does this speak volumes to me today.... I think we moms go through this very regularly. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Carol said...

Your family sounds so gorgeous. I think we all at times need to remember to slow down and enjoy our family, time goes far too fast.

Anonymous said...

Glad your slowing down a little and enjoying the family! We all need to do that more often! ~D

cathy said...

what a great post, so glad you shared. life IS pretty amazing and we are blessed. you have a great family!