Thursday, February 11, 2010

Recycled Crayon Valentines!



 


I saw a number of blog posts for recycling crayons recently, and one Make and Take that suggested Valentine's Cards... so we whipped these up for Zach and Sela to take for their Valentines cards. We used the gazillion restaurant crayons that they always HAVE to take, when we leave - which is better than tossing them - but I was thinking we would be buried in Red, Blue and Yellow crayons until this great project came along!


I used a silicone heart baking tray, we broke the crayons in pieces, heated them up to 300, watched them melt, pulled them out, let them cool, and repeated until we have 48 beautiful chunky crayons for their Valentines! Easy Peasy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Villavillain said...

I love this idea! I'll be you could nuke the crayons and pour them into chocolate candy molds, too, of which I have a bijillion.

suzARTe said...

this is a fantastic idea, they look just great.

I am one of the contributors at going green and trying to check out all the contributors blogs, so nice checking out new blogs, so much inspiration