Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our Little Entrepreneur

 


On Saturday, as Sela was cleaning up her room she came across a bunch of Hello Kitty rings she had left over from her birthday party. She got a piece of paper and asked me to help her "make a sign to sell them."

so She got paper and wrote out H (Upper case or lower case H?
E (uppercase or lower case E?...
L

Her sign said Hello Kitty Rings

Then she asked me to put a price of $2.00 each. I asked her is she meant 25 cents each. She said confidently, "No I want to sell them for $2.00 each."

"Who are you going to sell them to?", I asked.

"Little girls from around our neighborhood." (there are very few...)

So she set up shop, and waited patiently.

Zach came around with 50 cents Mark had given him to go buy a ring, and she happily lowered the price to sell one.
Then she sold Mark one for $.50, and me one for $.50. Then Mark asked if he could buy one more, and she said, "no. One is enough for you. I need them for the other little girls who are going to come by."

A bit later I asked if I could buy her inventory for $2.00 - and again - she said no. She would rather close up shop and keep her inventory for a different day!

I think I see a future in high end sales...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cathy said...

this is so funny. your kids always have the greatest imaginations! so wonderful!

Heather said...

Just like her mother!