Monday, June 22, 2009

Hail Mary Passes and Plan B

I found out last week that we would likely NOT be getting the space we have been waiting on for 3 months - because of unforseen costs to build out the space. Last week I was feeling sorry for myself and MAD. I was mad that I had let this go on for 3 months without grabbing the bull by the horns and ro either make it work or walk away.
In less than an hour the Mayor and Asst. City Manager will be walking the space with me and the developer to see if they have any suggestions on how this deal could work. I know it is a Hail Mary Pass... I keep thinking about how Montana and how he always pulled things out in the last seconds of the game.... to win. Today though I feel more like I'm punting, and that my quarterback didn't play his best game,and is hoping for a miracle. We all know this is farther than I've punted before.
So chances are when the buzzer sounds in an hour - We'll be looking to win the next game - to find an alternative space and make THAT be the home of reCREATE.
So - I'll hold my chin up and go find plan B if I must. I have another friend looking for a plan B at the moment and I wish her all the best to find it. If the door slams shut, climb through the window!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry plan A didn't pan out. Wishing you luck on plan B! ~D

Heather said...

Donna, bulldoze through those obstacles. You have it in you, my friend.