Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hangin out on a Saturday

 


I decided that we have been over-scheduled and needed a lazy day. We stayed in our pajamas late into the morning, we relaxed and watched cartoons... the kids taking turns snuggling with me, and we just chilled out this morning. I think we all needed it. After lunch, we went outside to get some fresh air. Here are some pictures... I love Sela's new dress, and how pretty it looked against the lawn... so I snapped a bunch. Zach was having fun posing on the new patio furniture. Zach has his kindergarten graduation in a few days... where does the time go?
I can't believe how fast they grow up - Sela has figured our how to pump her legs to swing, and even though it seems like such a minor thing, it kinda choked me up to realize my baby doesn't need to be pushed anymore. She skips like a 6 year old... bouncy and perfect.

On the other hand they still have incredible sweet innocence. Driving in the car the other day they said this...
Sela - "Zach will you marry me when we grow up?"
Zach - "No Sela. We will be living in differnt houses."
Sela - "But I love you and always want to be with you."
Zach - "Well lets just live with Mommy and Daddy forever!"
Sela - "Ok - but we all need to move to a castle, because I'm going to be a Princess!"
Zach - "Seeeeelaaa!! Princesses aren't real!"
Sela - "Yes they are, Right Cinderella?" (Her imaginary princess friend.)

I just love them so much.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Donna, "overscheduled" is a dirty word around here. I'm trying to reduce the utterance of said word as much as possible, yet I'm still struggling with it. Balance is a funny game, isn't it?

Good for you to stop and smell the roses with those gorgeous kids.

Bummer that we didn't get to see each other - perhaps soon! I'm hoping to be in the Bay Area more with my photography business. :)

cathy said...

awwww, you make me want to cry. i swear, what a way with words your kiddos have. i love when we get to hear their conversations. how wonderfully blessed we are to have days like this with our kids. glad you had those moments.