Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yesterdays Gift

Yesterday I got this short email sending me to this blog, and told me not to roll my eyes...


My friend B is one of the smartest people I know. For her to say we are the same was a huge compliment.

This path I took... the one that first I got married on... then chose to have kids, and finally founded reCREATE has been the most wonderful path. The path I thought I had wanted when I was younger was filled with important titles, big big jobs and big big paychecks. I worked hard and climbed the ladder, and when I got to the place where I was earning more than I ever imagined I felt completely empty.
When I founded reCREATE, I knew I would take a significant pay cut. But every day when I "work" rarely does it feel like work. Most of the time I giggle to myself and think I found the best of all worlds - a supportive husband, a gig that helps me teach our kids to tread lightly on the earth while still having fun, and the amazing feeling that I am making a difference. Changing the world.... I don't know... but I suppose we all change the world each day in our own ways, right?
Thanks B for reminding me how very lucky I am on this path I took.

2 comments:

cathy said...

what a beautiful story and friend. you rock and you know that i think you are awesome. thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

I went to your friend's blog and read the whole post - I know we don't know each other well, but I sure do love the spunk in you. And those are the only kind of women I care to surround myself with. The kind that don't just wring their hands while they watch problems sweep their children away. I love that about you.