Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sometimes You Beat the Clock and Sometimes....

Zach and Sela are tucked in their beds.... the Pirate party was a great success. I think everyone had fun. Zach will be building Legos for months... he is over the moon with his gifts.

So... what is this about a clock? Well... as I've been talking about for weeks, my grant was due on Wednesday at 5:00pm. I did my part and got it to the organization that was to be my fiscal reciever with plenty of time to get signatures and submit it. (They already have non-profit status and I don't...yet) So... the bottom line is, that they submitted the grant late - 7 minutes to be exact... and to leave out all the drama - it will not be considered.
I know that there are many other opportunities for grants, but I have a heavy heart and feel like I was let down. So... my lesson of the day should be
1. People sometimes misjudge how long it will take to do something
2. You need to seriously consider who you partner with

So... I know reCREATE will happen... I just keep wondering what my best path is. Am I harsh if I tell them I can't work with them...
Or am I naive if I give them another opportunity to profoundly affect my ablity to fund raise?

On a happy note.... Woo Hoo!! Linda and Tada- Taylor and Dawn sent over some lovely logos... I will post them tomorrow... and let you oogle at them!
If anyone else wants to submit... email me at donnarws at yahoo.com

Thanks for stopping by! Advice is happilty accepted!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh I am so sorry that the grant didn't go thru.....Keep trying...someone will help you with your dream

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry to hear of your setback! How frustrating it must be for you. I have to think that for some reason you weren't meant to get it going at this moment, but I have faith that the time will come when everything falls exactly into place.

Don't give up the dream!! You can do it!

I'm happy to hear the party went well and the kids were happy!

Hugs to you!

Kari said...

Oh, Donna!! I'm just sick hearing this news. I'm glad to hear that you are continuing on with your plans to make your dream a reality. I have NO DOUBT that you will see this through and it will be amazing when it is finally "real." Best of luck to you as you move forward!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about you news. It must be so frustrating & disappointing! I have faith that things will fall into place for you.

I am glad to hear the party went well...I'm sure everyone had a great time (can't wait to see the pictures)!

Carol said...

Donna great to hear the party went well, can't wait to see some photos.

Sorry to hear about the grant. I love how Jeanne put it, don't give up on your dreams.

Carol :-)

Anonymous said...

what a bummer, so sorry!

Heather said...

I think reCreate is only a matter of time... a truly great concept! Your efforts will not be in vain, my friend!

BTW, did I ever tell you about this blog: http://www.naturemoms.com/blog/

She has a lot of good eco-friendly, repurposed stuff on her blog. I think you will enjoy her.

Man, if I lived in Sacramento, I'd so be volunteering for reCreate!!!!