Sunday, August 3, 2008

I was scared-ed!

I have to write these little conversations down, because I know I will forget them, and when the kids get older they will laugh!

We went out to eat sandwiches for lunch, and Zach dropped his napkin. He politely asked for a new one, and Mark got him one.
As we are leaving, I ask Zach to go pick up the napkin he dropped on the floor. I have this thing about not trashing a restaurant when we go there and I am trying to teach them to be responsible. There were some people sitting right there, and someone that worked there was talking to him, and he said to me, I'll get it. And I said, "No thanks, He dropped it, he can pick it up."
So Zach starts getting all wiggy. (Pulling away from me and tripping)
I ask him what's wrong and he say, "I got scared-ed." He always puts that extra "ed" on scared for some reason.
So I pick it up and we get them out to the car.... and ask what that was all about... and he just says I was scared-ed. (To which Mark makes a snarky comment that only I could hear about napkins being super scary.) I guess he got nervous when the guy who worked there started paying attention to what we were doing.

Then Sela chimes in.... complete with her expressive hand gestures.
"I'm not scared... of dragons or spiders, or loud fireworks. I'm not scared.... I'm a big girl."

Zach's reply? "Ohhhh! Sela! You are too scared of those things!"

Sela, "no - I not scared! I a big girl!"

Yep... that Sela - she pretty much put a little pink skirt on her big brother with her comments.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love spicy girls. Those are the only kind I hang out with. ;) And blog hop with.