Sunday, August 31, 2008

My little cowgirl


Today we took the kids to Apple Hill in Placerville. It is a group of several apple farms that have banded together to encourage tourism. At the first stop Sela spotted a cutout of a cow.
She said to me, "Mama. I like cows very much."
Me, "Really? Why do you like cows, Ci?"
Ci, "Because I like cow milk!"
At this moment I was quite proud of my smart little 3 year old.
Then she said, "I like cow juice too!"
Me, "Like apple juice?"
Ci, "Yeah, cow apple juice is delicious!"
Me, "Oh sweetie - I'm glad you like cows... but they don't make juice, just milk.
Ci, "And chocolate milk!"
Me, "close enough!"

They had ponies and horses to ride at one of the farms - here is a pic of Sela riding one.

On the way back to the car she said, "Mama. I liked that beautiful pony. Her a really big pony that I rode!"
I'll post more pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

cathy said...

okay, i can't get over how cute she looks on the mini horse. what a cute shot!

Anonymous said...

We have been talking about going to Apple Farm for years. I think we will go this year after seeing that picture of Sela on the horse. I love the term "cow juice"! ~D