Tuesday, December 11, 2007

16 days of Single Motherhood And Grumpy Faces

Mark just got back from his annual 2 weeks a year with the Army Reserve. I think I did pretty good at being a single mom... but on my 16th day - as we were scrambling to get out of the house (late for something as usual)... I lost my patience and raised my voice - and ranted about the lack of focus on getting out the door. I got the kids in the car, took a few deep breaths, prayed for a moment of silence in the car, so I could regain my happy place... and miraculously the kids were quiet. After a few minutes of this, I said, "I'm sorry I got flustered and yelled at you back there. I really don't want to yell - but I get grumpy when you ignore what I am saying."

To which my four year old son says, Mom. Everyone gets like that sometimes... if you don't want to yell, just have a grumpy face."

No comments: