Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Grut, Grut, Glorious Grut


Christmas Eve would not be complete at our house without Grut. I can't remember a Christmas without it. It starts with a large pot, butter, flour, milk, cream and sour cream. It takes a VERY long time to stir - everyone takes turns, and as it thickens - your arms get stronger.
Finally it will bubble- and it is ready. It is served in bowls - topped with Cinnamon and sugar - which makes a tasty crust on the top.
Nobody I have ever described it to thinks it sounds good - but I have never met a person who hasn't loved it. It is a sprecial part of our holiday traditions, and I hope someday I'm supervising the pot, as my kids make it for their kids for the first time.

1 comment:

SusanD said...

Hi Donna,
Thank you for your kind comments on my Blog. I uploaded my photos to Flickr as a set and then went to http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php
I tried to skip the Flickr step but it didn't work. Loved the story about the cupcakes and cake! How kids think!