Wednesday, December 26, 2007

So Very Lucky




Happy Birthday to me. Today was my birthday and let me tell you how spoiled I was.... First I got to sleep in - a big deal with two early riser children. Then I got to read the newspaper, sip a latte that was made for me, and open gifts while my mom made me my favorite breakfast - juevos rancheros with new mexico chili. My WONERFUL husband and kids gave me a fancy 55 to 200 mm lens with vibration reduction for my new camera. THEN, my parents gave me a camera bag, and my daughter and son took turns giving me kisses and hugs. My day was great like this all day.
Mid-day I had a meeting with a gal who is into art with re-purposed objects. Not only was she a wealth of information, and ideas, but she was a complete sweetheart. I feel so inspired to keep moving forward with my ReCREATE plan.

This evening we went out for a bit and I came home to find a package of goodies from Cathy and Dusti. (My two incredible crafty friends. The pictures are of the cupcakes and the notebook and cards they each made me. ) They also gave me a starbucks card and a design a tumbler!! I LOVE those!! I also got to talk to my old friend Cheryl - and she never forgets my birthday... the girl rocks!
Thanks to all of you for making my day so special. I am SO blessed to have such a great group of friends and family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again Donna! I have that lens but without the VR.

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday Donna...Sounds like your day was full of surprises and relaxing time....your soup sounds funny but I am sure it is good.......maybe I will have to wander over there some Christmas and help stir and then get a bowl of it :)