Friday, December 14, 2007

Whew! TGIF!

Long day today... not sure why - I really didn't get much done...

Took the kiddos for haircuts this morning, then off to the park, ran home fixed lunch got snacks for school (my turn), shuttled Zach to Preschool, while Sela was supposed to take her nap. I got home and DH said she never settled down... she was in her crib - "playing with her [imaginary] sea otter". Got the presents needed for the weekend holiday party... wrapped a few, picked Zach back up, took the kids to the library, checked work emails, dealt with work stuff for a bit, played with the new camera, read a good portion of the DRY "How to Establish a Non-Profit Corporation" book, went with Mark and the kids to Fry's, fed the kids In and Out Burger while looking at Christmas lights, ran in, got Ci ready for bed, read her 2 books, got her in bed, tucked Zach in got on the Digital Designers chat, and tried to keep up. I never chat anymore, and have lost all ability to keep up with 6 conversations at once! now I need to finish my layout... ok - I'm tired just looking at my day - but somehow I feel better looking at it like that - I did some good things with the kids today.

On another note.. I had my meeting with SCORE yesterday about my Creative Reuse Center idea... the initial body language was hilarious - both were leaning back with their arms crossed, until I presented my plan and rough budget numbers. By the end of the meeting they were giving me some great advice on next steps and ways to make the numbers come together a bit closer, and names of people to contact. I am actually feeling more positive about it. They said I was more prepared than 95% of the people who walk in there, and I felt like I was totally winging it!

So - again... anyone out there who might want to support a creative cause that is good for the earth - we need to talk!

No comments: