Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Arrrr - Zach's Pirate Invitation



Finally I got to my blog to update it. It has been a little wild around here working on my grant proposal and keeping my family happy too.

Here is Zach's Pirate Invitation that follows the Save the Date I sent out. On the treasure map portion, I took a map of our nearby streets and superimposed them onto the map so that the X lands on our street. It was quite fund and I was happy with the results. I wanted to put them in a bottle with a bit of sand and pretend jewels... but I had to tell myself just get them out and spend the extra time on the party. Now I have to plan the treasure hunt, which should be fun.
So we stay green, we'll be making pirate telescopes out of old paper towel rolls as one of the party activities. The pirate chest will be an old box that we decorate, and I am going to stop by Whole Foods to buy the "earth friendly" paper plates. I read recently that there are 700,000 birthday parties every day in the US... imagine the amount of garbage that produces.... eww.
So... I'll try to do my small part.

Still putting together ideas for the pirate loot bags - if you have an idea leave me a comment!
Hope you all are having a fantastic week... and I promise to be here more with new posts soon!
Oh... and the credits for the invitation are:
khadfield pirate doodles
hroselli yohoyoho pirate kit (Sweet Shoppe Designs)
font: CK invitation

4 comments:

Heather said...

This LO is better than I could have envisioned in my mind. You're quite talented!

Anonymous said...

oh man, the girls have been carrying around that invitation since they got it. today Chase wanted me to read it a few times, Kendal has rolled it up and put her name on it with some stickers and then asked if we needed to bring the map with us and if the map was as big as our house! I told her it's probably as big as Zach's house! She also keeps telling me that his birthday is on the 9th. She could barely remember her the date of her birthday! Can u tell they are excited??? PS: I think the loot bags should include actual loot $ in them...for the mommies to take home..ha ha!

LivE said...

donna, what a great invitation you came up with! love it!

do you already have the lootbags? what if you put the goodies inside a tied-up scarf, so that it looks liket the scarf on the head of your son? and then you can make the tag on the lootbag a treasure map with X? :)

Donna S. said...

oooh Liv - cute idea! Funny thing about the loot bags - we ordered something from lego to be part of the bags --- and it hasn't shipped yet, so we are starting to sweat a bit.