Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Typical Conversation and 7 Random Things



I am glad this little conversation finally made it onto a finished layout. What is most funny to me about it, is that we have had this conversation a few times - Zach always has a pet store (On Greenback Lane - because he likes the name of that road), and he always will be a volunteer fireman - but the other positions vary depending on what he is thinking about. This conversation was shortly after a trip to Maggie Moos for ice cream and after he got his remote controlled submarine toy. It is interesting though that all of his preschool teachers are convinced he will build something - or be an engineer, because he is always making pretend machines.

So... onto my 7 random things. I was tagged by my friend Tezra

The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

And so here are 7 random little known facts about me:

1. I scuba dive. Before kids - virtually every vacation got us to a place with warm water (I certified in Monterey - but don't like our cold water here). I have seen countless sharks, eels, manta rays and a few octupus (octupi? - not sure how to pluralize that one!) I am itching to get back in the water - it has been over a year.
2. I never thought I would get married - it wasn't in my life plan. my initial "path" was to run my own business and retire young - travel the world, yada yada. (Thus the name of my blog)
3. My husband and I met May 1 and were married December 27th... and no I wasn't pregnant! Not only did I get married (not in my plan). I quit my job to move to Germany with him (Also not in my plan!). It was an amazing year.
4. I have been through a major earthquake (7.0), a tsunami warning (false alarm), and a major tornado missed me by just a few miles. I'm staying out of hurricane country!
5. I want to write a book someday.
6. I'm one of those "green" types. I drive a hybrid, have changed all the bulbs out in the house to the efficient ones, we recycle, and we buy green energy for our house(you just pay a little extra to do this).
7. I am competitive about EVERYTHING. (so that fact that ALMOST everyone I know has already been tagged is REALLY bugging me!)
Ohhh.... and Dusti - Tag - you are it!

11 comments:

Joan said...

Hey Donna, read your whole blog and your LO's are super. Love the my husband my hero. Your random facts are great. Really interesting. Your doing a great job with your blog.

Angela2932 said...

I can SO relate to #3. Funny how life can just ambush you sometimes! It still baffles me that I live in this frozen tundra, and how I got here. Very nice layout! You captured a wonderful conversation and Zach is going to be very busy when he grows up!

Dawn said...

What i am learning about everyone!! We are an interesting bunch!! Love your layouts and your blog!!
dewnie

Anonymous said...

Just dropped over to say hi from the sprague message board. You have a lovely site here. You layouts are just awesome - you should really be designing pages for some company out there - you really have talent. Enjoy these days with your children they are precious and move way too fast!

Anonymous said...

Donna...great random facts! I went scuba diving once & loved it (but my ears didn't love it so much)! What kind of book would you like to write???

Jeanne said...

What rock have I been hiding under that I have not been to your blog before? Shame on me!

I've wandered through your posts and am now adding it to my READER so I won't miss another entry.

Your work is fantastic, and your facts very interesting. I love learning these little tidbits about everyone.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Tezra Williams said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your facts. IT is so much fun learning all these random things :0)

Unknown said...

Hey Donna, I have been in 2 huge earthquakes (when I lived in Peru) and thousands of tremors!! Love your blog!

Unknown said...

Hi Donna, great blog & how interesting that your life plan changed big time and that you scuba dive! Wow! TFS!

Kari said...

I haven't been scuba diving in probably 20 years but loved it then and am hoping to go when we're in Hawaii this summer!! Can share what most people would consider a "quick wedding," too ... met the end of September and married March 6th - just over 5 months! Love learning about everyone through the tag :)

Ljonezy said...

Love your facts. Monterey water really is toooo cold to dive in. Write your book and you would have guaranteed sales for our group!