Thursday, January 31, 2008

Designer Contest - Logo for reCREATE

Ok all you creative types out there... I need a logo for reCREATE.

Here is what reCREATE is all about - we take unwanted stuff from local businesses and re-use it for creative and environmental learning purposes. For example - the local sign company or printer has over runs and excess from their production... we take it, and use it for an environmental lesson about re-use, with a fun art project. Examples of other groups doing this are here and here.

SO... here is the deal... this program will be run as a non-profit. So I don't have a marketing budget but I need a logo... but I'd like to have a contest to develop a logo for my cards, materials and header for my blog/website. If I pick yours - I get all ownership rights - with no-strings - you get a gift certificate for $50.00 to your favorite digi shoppe!! You choose!

What do you need to know? The Color Green needs to be part of the logo. The logo should be clean and easy to read - but somehow should reflect art and re-use. There is a re-use logo here ... but I'm not sure it has to be part of the logo design - I can integrate it elsewhere.

Contest Starts Now and Ends February 15th - midnight PST.
Decision will be made by February 20th,and posted here on the blog.
I will put details on where to send them once we get going.

If you have any other questions... post em here and I'll answer them! Thanks in advance for helping me with my vision to reduce waste in my community - and have fun while doing it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna...this sounds like a lot of fun! Cool idea. Taylor & I will give it a try. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

LivE said...

hope real life doesn't stand in the way of my creating for you! :) as i told you in the chat, i'd do this for you for free! :)

Unknown said...

hey, I'll give it a try too!

Unknown said...

Donna, I need your email adress. :D

Heather said...

Hi Donna,

I know grant writing is insane (been there and done that several times). Take care of yourself!!!! Let me know how things go. I'm very proud of your endeavors. It's so awesome.