Monday, January 7, 2008

My Husband - My Hero

 


The weather was so nasty on Friday. I seriously thought our house was going to blow away. Our house seems to be situated in a way that virtually all storms hit our bedroom window head on - so Thursday night I didn't get much sleep. On Friday, Mark worked from home... At one point he came out to get a cup of coffee and looked outside to see our grill - that is connected to a gas line dancing across the backyard. He put on his jacket and without a fuss went and dealt with it. I would have been swearing like a sailor if "I" had to be the one out there - it was AWFUL! A bit later when his fix wasn't holding he went out and took care of it again.
Thanks honey for not complaining even when you had the total right to!
Posted by Picasa


Layout Credits:

Basic Page Layout loosley lifted from Cindee Bae - October/November Digital Scrapbooking Magazine
Paper: MMareda Home 3 - Little Dreamer Designs
Frame: Notebook Edges, Katie Pertiet

8 comments:

Heather said...

"Not all who wander are lost" - one of my favorite quotes!

Hope your home didn't sustain too much damage from the windstorms....

Hey, maybe we can have coffee the next time I'm in the Bay Area! My side of the family is still there - Gilroy, Oakland Hills, Sunnyvale, Los Altos, Millbrae, etc.

Heather
from the JS forums
(thanks for visiting my site today!)

Tezra Williams said...

Donna, great page i love the notebook type paper used behind you focal picture. It really draws you in!

(thanks for the love on my site today)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I love how graphic the title is.

Kari said...

I got your update!! Your blog looks amazing :) All of the LOs you have posted are fantastic - the picture of your husband in the rain ... WOW! I'm so glad you thought to capture that moment! It is one that could have very easily been overlooked! Great job as it the norm for you :) Have fun taking that adorable mug back to Starbucks!!

Carol said...

Donna your layouts are looking fantastic. Will put my email in the feed box - when I get home will have to add one to my blog.
Carol :=_

Anonymous said...

Donna - you are so creative and full of energy. What a great site! Love all you layouts.

Ljonezy said...

What a great guy. Love the lo. Hope you didn't have too much damage with the storm and the upcoming storms.

Laurie said...

Thank goodness we have hubbies to deal with that kind of stuff, right? I am glad that you survived!