Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Think reCREATE will happen!!

I am so thrilled. I had a meeting with a local organization whose mission is to promote arts in our county. I have a plan to open a create reuse center in my town, kind of like this... here are the basics:

reCREATE will provide children (and adults) with an opportunity to learn and be creative through reuse of clean cast off items from the business community. We will divert reusable materials from landfills and use them for creative purposes.

Our mission is to promote creativity in an earth friendly and affordable manner, educate on environmental issues and increase material reuse.

I never have small plans - so I want the works... a gallery, a workshop area, a vehicle for picking up the cast off items... the list goes on an on...

My dilemma was this - in order to get started I need grants. In order to get grants I need to be a non-profit. In order to be a non-profit you need a board. In order to get the RIGHT people to want to sit on your board you need more than an idea... And round and round.

So today - in my meeting - this organization agreed to allow me to sit under their non-profit unbrella while I get going! That means I can apply for grants!!! I can't even stand it right now I am so excited!!! Did I mention my excitement??!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds really cool Donna. I love using recycled products for crafts. I have a whole bag of peanuts in my garage waiting for some sort of project because I just can't throw them away!